Joined: 08 Oct 2007
Location: Harvest, Tennessee Valley
|Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:05 pm Post subject: Welcome 2018
|Welcome to the 29th Season of The Football Association!
The TFA is just a group of friend and aquaintences who like to pick and talk about college football. This is our 29th year and if you view "all time results" you can see cumulative results for all years. This is a "just for fun' contest. Starting this year, the TFA is free to play with corporate sponsorship that will provide prizes and an opportunity to help worthy non profit organizations. All we ask is that if you sign up - play. Don't sign up and not play.
If you are new here, please note the following:
- Please read the rules for the TFA here by clicking on 'rules' on the main page - www.tfaweb.com. Most of it is pretty straight forward but you will want to note deadlines in particular and what it means to pick overtime games.
- This year we are playing to support non profit organizations. You must chose what organization you are playing for in your profile. Throughout the year we will highlight these organizations and our sponsor, Trideum, will make a donation to the non profit organization being championed by the winner. This donation will be both a flat donation and a match of the donations made by all participants.
- Be sure to also check out the "Stupid Dog Contest" by looking at the Stupid Dog Forum on the front page www.tfaweb.com. This contest can be more fun than the regular pool!. Rules are posted in the forum.
- You can register to play by clicking the "register" button on this page, signing up and then making your pick.. all from links at the top of the page.
- If you are new, post a message on the new members topic in this forum to introduce yourself.
- If you would like you can view the results from last season which will be posted until we score week 1.
- We will have a lunch to kick off the season. If you live in Huntsville or want to come here for lunch then you are welcome. Lunch details will be posted soon.
- Once you are registered then make your picks! Sign in then click the "Make my picks" link. Note: you can change your picks by simply resubmitting a new pick sheet (as long as it is before the deadline). the old picks will still be listed on the View all picks page but the scoring program knows to only count the new ones.
Thanks for joining!